- Termly contract due to fluctuating pupil numbers
- Part Time – 6 hours per week (11:50am – 1:00pm) – term time only £9:00 per hour
- Required as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Midday Supervisory Assistant as soon as possible.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Supervision of children in all areas of the school, including the dining room, play areas, classroom – as directed by the Headteacher or teacher in charge – in order to ensure the safety and good behaviour of the children.
- Supervision of children during the meal to ensure that a good atmosphere is maintained. Encourage good eating habits and assisting younger children where necessary.
- The maintenance of good order at all times to ensure school standards are adhered to.
- General assistance in the dining area as necessary, e.g. wiping up spillages to ensure that a safe and ordered environment is maintained at all times.
- Supervision of movement of pupils to and from dining room in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the pupils.
- Set up and clear away tables in dining room.
- Empathy with children
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Able to exert appropriate authority and give directions/instruction in a confident manner
- Willingness to learn about and carry out school standards and procedures
- Willingness to learn about safeguarding, health and safety regulations within a school environment, Basic Health and Safety Training, plus awareness of how to obtain information on children’s allergies or asthma and how to use epipens, etc.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd October 2020, 2:00pm.
Interview date: Monday 2nd November 2020
How to apply
An application form and job description is available from the school office – Tel: 01953 681327 or email: email@example.com. Completed applications should be delivered to Mrs Jo Green in the school office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, appointment to the post includes obtaining two references prior to interview and an enhanced DBS check.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.