5 hours per week,
term time only – £9.00 per hour
12:00 – 13:00 hours
due to fluctuating pupil numbers
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Supervision of children in all areas of the school, including the dining room, play areas, classroom – as directed by either the Senior Midday Supervisor, the Headteacher or teacher in charge – in order to ensure the safety and good behaviour of the children.
- Supervision of children during the meal to ensure that a good atmosphere is maintained. Encourage good eating habits and assisting younger children where necessary.
- The maintenance of good order at all times to ensure school standards are adhered to.
- General assistance in the dining area as necessary, e.g. wiping up spillages to ensure that a safe and ordered environment is maintained at all times.
- Supervision of movement of pupils to and from dining room in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the pupils.
- Set up and clear away tables in dining room.
- Empathy with children
- Able to communicate with children and adults
- Able to exert appropriate authority and give directions/instruction in a confident manner
- Willingness to learn about and carry out school standards and procedures
- Willingness to learn about safeguarding, health and safety regulations within a school environment, Basic Health and Safety Training, plus awareness of how to obtain information on children’s allergies or asthma and how to use epipens, etc.
Garboldisham Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date Tuesday 23rd July 2019, 10:00am.