Our School Ethos Statement
We are all part of God’s wonderful world, and each one of us is special
We will care for and respect:
Our School Family
Finding joy in being the very best that we can be.
We aim to make our school a place where:
- All members of the school community treat each other with respect, we listen to each other and seek the views of children through the school council
- We work with the Church to provide a Christian ethos
- Members of the school community enjoy themselves and their learning, and they always give of their best to achieve high standards
- Children and staff can achieve their full potential
- The environment is stimulating and children are encouraged to explore their local community and gain an understanding of its place in the World
- Children are involved with active learning; and through this they are encouraged to develop individual responsibility for their own learning and behaviour
- The curriculum is relevant, interesting and based on the local area whilst actively promoting knowledge of other cultures and times
- A healthy lifestyle is promoted for all
- The building and all resources are maintained to a high standard
These aims were written by the staff of the school in September 2014 after consultation with the governors and children.