Following Boris Johnson’s announcement this evening, we are sending this email to confirm that Garboldisham Church Primary Academy will not be open tomorrow (Tuesday 5th January).
We shall look to set up the remote learning planning and resources via Class Dojo but please bear with us all as we work to get this in place. Tuesday’s learning will focus on Maths and English and then by Wednesday we shall have the full plans in place.
If you qualified as a Key Worker last time and your situation remains unchanged please email Mrs Green if you require a place for tomorrow (Tuesday 5th).
If your situation has changed since last time and you think you qualify as a Key Worker under the criteria laid out by the government (which was updated on 30th December – www.gov.uk) or your child is classed as vulnerable – see below, and you will require a place during lockdown, please email Mrs Green.
We shall need to check that you meet the criteria and be provided with proof ahead of confirming if a place is available as we shall need to set up staffing numbers and cover arrangements. We shall be in contact with you individually.
Vulnerable children and young people
Vulnerable children and young people include those who:
- are assessed as being in need under section 17 of the Children Act 1989, including children and young people who have a child in need plan, a child protection plan or who are a looked-after child
- have an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- have been identified as otherwise vulnerable by educational providers or local authorities (including children’s social care services), and who could therefore benefit from continued full-time attendance, this might include:
- adopted children or children on a special guardianship order
- others at the provider and local authority’s discretion including pupils and students who need to attend to receive support or manage risks to their mental health
This change from today’s provision and yesterday’s communications has come late in the day to us all, so please be patient with us all as we seek to put the necessary plans in place.
Mrs J Humphrey
Garboldisham Church Primary School