Headteacher’s Introductory Letter

Dear Parents,

I am delighted to be introducing myself to you all as the new headteacher of Garboldisham Church of England Primary School from September 2020. I hope that you share my excitement as we face new challenges and opportunities in the months ahead.

I come to Garboldisham having been the headteacher for the past five and half years at Old Buckenham Primary School and Nursery and, during the past three years with Rockland St Mary and Surlingham Primary Schools’ too. Before Old Buckenham, I was the headteacher at Wortham Primary School in Suffolk.

I am married and have two children in their twenties who both attended Garboldisham C of E Primary in their last few years of primary school education when, as a family, we moved up from the Isle of Wight to Norfolk.

I believe that the role of a headteacher is such a privilege and I feel very fortunate to be asked to work with the staff, children, families and community of Garboldisham.

During this summer term I have begun working with Mrs Burns and Mrs Kett. I shall be spending a number of days in school so that I can begin to get to know everyone. This should ensure that the handover of the school for my start in September is as smooth as possible. With our staff team, I aim to work hard in ensuring that children receive the best outcomes possible in their learning and personal development. Our vision statement says we wish to find joy in being the very best that we can be.

I look forward to a time when we can all be back in school, and with this optimism,

I hope to meet many of you at the gate before and after school this September – please come and introduce yourself.

Until that time, I wish you and your families a safe, sunny and enjoyable summer.

Yours sincerely,  
Mrs J. Humphrey