Welcome to the new term!

I do hope that you have all had a great Christmas break and are looking forward to the new term.  I would like to thank everyone for their good wishes and very kind gifts at Christmas both from myself and on behalf of all of the staff.

Our topic this term is ‘Power’ – a great way to look at science, but it covers so much more and the children will be looking at subjects such as citizenship and religion from this perspective too.  We already have several things planned for the Spring term – starting with the pantomime on Friday 12th January, thanks to the support of FROGS.  We have just heard that we have been successful in getting 420 saplings (enough ‘to cover a football pitch’) which we will be planting on Scarfe Meadows in conjunction with the Little Ouse Headwaters Project – so get your gardening gloves out please, as this is a community project.  An assembly on ‘litter picking’, a whole school initiative to reduce rubbish, a visit from Dr Hunt (head of Diss High School), Chinese New Year …… I think that we are going to be very busy!

I will be updating the website this term to include some more links to useful sites, revision, information etc.  In the meantime here is a new one that we will be using in school – I hope that you enjoy it.  https://www.activekidsdobetter.co.uk

A couple of reminders if I may:

• The school day starts at 8:45am and children should be on the playground, ready to line up, by this time please – there is supervision from 8:35am.
  • Please park with consideration for our neighbours, particularly the church, and respect their request for access at the steps. The village Hall is the safest place to park, but definitely not on the path opposite the school please.
  • With the safety of the children in mind at all times I wonder if it would be possible to implement a policy of driving ‘one way’ up Church Road at busy times? Perhaps UP the road, from The Fox?
  • Following my letter about ‘holidays’ last term, please may I request that anyone considering taking their children out of school comes to speak to me? Thank you.

I do hope that the weather does not become too awful, but this IS the UK so ‘school closure’ arrangements can be found at the top of this page.

As ever, ‘our door is open’ – please come and talk to us if you have any queries, questions or feedback.

Suzanne Halliwell
Headteacher